WDOK 102.1 | Trapper Jack and the Morning Show, Mon-Fri 5 - 10 a.m.
• Spot in the Cleveland Metroparks: Any of the sledding hills, because here’s a secret: Winter is my favorite season.
• Zoo attraction: Two years ago, I did a behind-the-scenes show at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, and I had a chance to feed a giraffe. He bent his long neck down and ate a leaf from my hand. It was extraordinary. I’d have to say African Safari.
• Ride at Cedar Point: Millennium Force. I have the need for speed.
• Summer read: Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison, because you will laugh out loud.
• Annual summer event: It’s a toss up between Cleveland Browns preseason games, because there is always hope, and the three-day Breast Cancer Walk, because there is always hope.
• Place you’ll find me this summer: At least once, you’ll find me on the Nautica Queen, because I love to see the city from the lake. And there is nothing more beautiful than a Cleveland sunset seen from the Nautica Queen with a light lake breeze blowing through your hair.
summer playlist ...
“Summertime,” George Gershwin;“Summer in the City,” the Lovin’ Spoonful; “SexyBack,” Justin Timberlake;“Margaritaville,” Jimmy Buffett; “Hot, Hot, Hot,” Five O’clock Shadow
summer in the city is ...
A time to remember days like Jan. 16, when it was minus-13 and wind chills in the negative 20s. Stop complaining about the weather and enjoy every single day, in every single way. Summer in the city is about being happy.
12:00 AM EST
May 31, 2009