The Best of Cleveland 2007
Cleveland will always be our home sweet home. And this year, we found 63 things that make it ever tastier — from a towering achievement created entirely out of fondant, to an independent clothing store that carries only fair-trade clothing, to a 5K like nothing we’ve ever seen before. And since it’s not always a piece of cake finding the best things our city has to offer, we asked around. You’ll hear about Brady Quinn’s favorite spot in town, Jim Donovan’s favorite Cleveland sports moment and more favorites from local celebs — plus 57 picks straight from our readers.
• Food & Drink: Cake decorators, bagels, fish fry, dichotomy popcorn, coffeehouse, diner, four-star carryout, cupcakes, coffee, new franchise, dip, chicken dish and man-made buffet.
• Shopping: Wilderness supplies, responsible clothing, stationery, denim selection, Celtic accessories, new (old) arrivals, lingerie, Italian imports, one-stop shopping and dresses
• Entertainment: Taste of the islands, giveaway, cult film showcase, cover band, minibar, power hour, late-night, roadhouse, underground spot, drink special, rum bar, under-the-radar venue, futbol bar, monthly event, nightlife, free art and cheap eats
• Health & Happiness: Irish barber, trail run, beer swami, rainy day activity, free play, puppy party, pet jewelry, bargain massage, retro bowling, Jibbitz and bike shop
• Around Town: New address, recycled art, civic blog, wood carving teacher, pet spa, ride, deal, antique updates, roofs, knife sharpener & hardware store.
best of cleveland
12:00 AM EST
September 27, 2007