1. Mustard Seed Market & Cafe: A second-story cafe and 100-foot wraparound balcony make this grocery store a great spot for a quick stop-and-shop or to hang out. 867 W. Market St., Akron, 330-434-7333, mustardseedmarket.com
2. Wally Waffle: With 16 enormous Belgian waffles on the menu, you’ll want to come hungry. Try the Churro, a deep-fried Belgian waffle dipped in pancake batter and topped with cinnamon sugar and powdered sugar. 845 W. Market St., Akron, 330-374-4915, wallywaffle.net
3. The Market Path: This fair-trade store run by First Grace United Church of Christ offers hand-woven scarves and shawls along with jewelry and art crafted in countries such as Guatemala and Peru. 833 W. Market St., Akron, 330-258-9003, themarketpathakron.com
4. Highland Theatre: A full bar and $5 admission for all movies, including first-run films, make this single-screen 1938 theater an entertainment anchor. 826 W. Market St., Akron, 330-253-0100, highlandsquaretheatre.com
5. Square Nightclub: If you want to dance with somebody, this LGBT-friendly club is the place to be. Signature drinks such as Taste the Rainbow, an eclectic Skittle-inspired mix of five flavor-infused vodkas, help get your feet going. 820 W. Market St., Akron, 330-374-9661, squarenight.club
6. Square Records: Take an afternoon to flit through more than 4,000 new and used records or check out the cozy nook in the back where local artists display their work and occasionally perform. 824 W. Market St., Akron, 330-375-9244, squarerecordsakron.com
7. Revival: Pick up some Ohio- and Akron-themed pendants, magnets and T-shirts in this vintage men’s and women’s boutique where old items are given a second life. 822 W. Market St., Akron, 330-762-4845, facebook.com/akronrevival
8. Mr. Zubs: Try one of 48 gourmet sandwiches such as the Aunt Margie, a pound of corned beef topped with fried eggs, slathered in Swiss cheese and served with a side of tater tots. 812 W. Market St., Akron, 330-252-0272, mrzubs.com
9. Ohio Brewing Co.: Akron’s newest brewery and restaurant’s seven-barrel system churns out more than 10 rotating drafts such as the crisp, nutty Cardinal Ale used in its beer cheese soup. 804 W. Market St., Akron, 234-208-6797, ohiobrewing.com
10. Angel Falls Coffee Co.: Settle in to this South American-inspired coffeehouse with a cup of Inca Trader, a mix of Guatemalan, Honduran and Colombian coffee beans roasted just a mile down the road. 792 W. Market St., Akron, 330-376-5282
11. Annabell’s Bar and Lounge: This Irish punk bar’s basement plays host to local bands and the Big Big Mess, a monthly reading series where national and local writers perform. 784 W. Market St., Akron, 330-535-1112, facebook.com/akronannabells
12. Trecaso’s Mary Coyle Fine Italian
Cuisine & Ice Cream: This eatery and old-school ice cream shop has the best of both worlds with 8-inch square pizzas and 38 flavors of ice cream such as peanut butter fudge. 780 W. Market St., Akron, 330-253-7751, trecasos.com
Brew Pub Burger ($8.95), Ohio Brewing Co.: The maple porter barbecue sauce made from in-house maple syrup-infused beer, pickled red onions, molasses and spices takes this pub burger to new heights.
Dibon Cava Brut Reserve ($9.99), Mustard Seed Market & Cafe: Subtle hints of apple and pears make this sparkling wine an excellent addition to your
Kenyan Soapstone Statues (Elephant, $20; Turtle, $28), The Market Path: Carved by villagers out of soft stone found along riverbeds in Kenya, these one-piece statuettes possess a second infantlike statue inside.