King Crab and Braised Artichoke Gratin with Three-Cheese Mornay and Toasted Pita Bread
1/2 ounce olive oil
3 ounces lump crabmeat or similar crabmeat
2 ounces chopped, braised canned artichokes
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 1/2 ounces white wine
3 ounces heavy whipping cream
1 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese
2 ounces ground Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon chopped parsley
2 tablespoons seasoned crumbs with clarified butter
1 pocket-style pita, toasted
1. Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat on the stove. Add the crabmeat, then the artichoke and the garlic, and sauté briefly to heat.
2. Turn heat to high and deglaze with the white wine. Reduce by two-thirds, and then add the Mornay sauce, the mozzarella and parsley.
3. When all are heated thoroughly, place mixture in a deep ramekin, then top with the bread crumbs.
4. Gratiné in a broiler oven until brown and bubbly. Top with lemon zest and Parmesan if desired.
5. Serve in a warm bowl, surrounded by the pita triangles. Bon appétit!
12:00 AM EST
January 31, 2008