Spice up your Starters
The chef, who's from Elyria but attended culinary school in Charleston, has some tips for getting beyond cheese and crackers at your next party.
- Think of starters as mini versions of a main course.
- Don't limit yourself to finger foods; small plates are okay.
- Make soup, serve it in shot glasses.
- Everything's better on a homemade biscuit, and you can bake them in advance.
- And, most importantly, "get out of the kitchen and join the fun. That's southern style."
South Carolina Shrimp and Grits recipe >>
12:00 AM EST
May 28, 2008