A lot of work goes into making the lazy days of summer breezy and carefree. So we scoured the home and garden stores for stylish items that are sure to perk up any patio.
1. Alor Straw Palm Pillow ($59) Handwoven from weather-resistant materials, this pillow from Arhaus The Loft is simple enough to complement patterned furniture, but also stands out on more neutral items. 7440 Brookpark Road, Cleveland, 216-661-2405, arhaus.com
2. Biscayne Outdoor Floor Lamp ($225) This 51-inch-tall Kenroy Lighting rattan floor lamp from Cleveland Lighting illuminates your space and adds sculptural interest. 5540 Mayfield Road, Lyndhurst, 440-461-9081; 2930 W. Market St., Fairlawn, 330-576-4444, clevelandlighting.com
3. Teak Wood Chair ($380) This Warehouse 2120 high-back chair from the Rock Pile is made from recycled teak wood from Bali fishing boats. 900 Nagel Road, Avon, 440-937-5100, therockpile.com
Pro tip: Made of wood recycled from Bali fishing boats, each chair is unique.“But if you sit them side by side or even with a table in between, you’ve got the ultimate focal point for your outdoor space,” says Erin Bringman, co-owner of the Rock Pile.
4. Woven Tray ($88) This Kazi woven serving tray from Sapphire Pear is made by women in Rwanda. The orange color and sunburst pattern, known as the “hope” design, represent a bright future. 19361 Detroit Road, Rocky River, 216-377-1965, sapphirepear.com
5. Marina Fire Table ($3,961) The functional O.W. Lee fire table from Heat Exchange Hearth and Patio Shoppe replaces that messy fire pit. With up to 60,000 British thermal units of heat, the 54-inch, rectangular ceramic-top table is perfect for a little ambiance, roasting marshmallows or just warming up. 34205 Lorain Road, North Ridgeville, 440-327-6242, heatexchangeonline.com
Pro tip: With propane or natural gas options, this fire table is worry-free. “No more splitting and lighting the wood, smoke burning your eyes or embers burning your deck,” says Bob Scott, owner of Heat Exchange Hearth and Patio Shoppe.
6. Buried Treasure Chest Cooler ($619) Crafted from recycled oil drums, this insulated Think Outside cooler from Bremec on the Heights safeguards your most precious treasures (beer and wine) while being a focal point of your patio. 13410 Cedar Road, Cleveland Heights, 216-932-0039, bremec.com