• Go Red For Women is a year-round awareness and call-to-action campaign to keep women heart healthy. Check out
• In Cleveland, the fifth-annual Go Red For Women event (scheduled for Friday, February 29) has already become the eighth largest of more than 200 events of its kind in the country, and raised nearly $400,000 in 2007.
• Start! is a national program to get Americans walking —especially at the workplace. A free Start! kit is available to implement a walking program in your workplace.
• The culmination of this year-round walking program is the annual Start! Cleveland Heart Walk. In 2007, this event broke the $1 million mark in fundraising for the first time in Cleveland Heart Walk history.
• The 2008 Start! Cleveland Heart Walk will be held at Gateway Plaza on Sunday, August 10.
Alliance for a Healthier Generation
• The Alliance for a Healthier Generation is a joint initiative between the American Heart Association and the William J. Clinton Foundation to combat the spread of childhood obesity by bringing together children, parents, school teachers and the community in a joint effort.
• The goal is to stop the increase of childhood obesity by the year 2010 and reverse the trend by 2015.
Power To End Stroke
• Power to End Stroke is an aggressive education and awareness campaign to specifically help African-Americans reduce their risk for stroke, since they are at a greater risk than other ethnic groups.
• In September 2008, more than 3,000 people are expected to attend Cleveland’s African-American Family Wellness Walk.