Sponsored Partner Content
Free Things to Do in Columbus This Summer
All the best reasons Clevelanders need to spend the summer in the fastest growing city in the Midwest.
Even though summer is coming to an end, there is still so much to see and do! Getting out of the house to spend time with friends and family in warmer months doesn’t have to break the bank. Head just two hours south and check out these recommendations for free summer fun in Columbus.
Free Attractions in Columbus
When the rain comes, the fun doesn’t have to end. Consider free entry offerings from one of these cultural arts institutions.
- Wexner Center for the Arts is one of the nation’s premier cultural gems - an internationally known contemporary arts center at The Ohio State University.
- The Columbus Museum of Art offers free admission every Sunday. Enjoy the Museum's permanent collection and experience hands-on art activities for kids with a visit to The Wonder Room.
- The Billy Ireland Cartoon Museum is a one-of-a-kind museum featuring rotating exhibitions from artists across the country and offering free admission to guests. The library (open by appointment) allows you to examine a complete history of comics in its archives.
Free Outdoor Activities in Columbus
Columbus has ample opportunities for free fun in the sun! Get outdoors at any of our many unique Metro Parks. Here are some of the things to look forward to.
- Free Kayak Days at the Scioto Mile: Soak in iconic views of the Columbus skyline from a kayak or SUP on August 12 at the boat launch under the Main Street Bridge.
- Quarry Trails Metro Park: Check out the only urban Via Ferrata in the U.S.
- Park of Roses: Surround yourself with thousands of roses in one of the largest public rose gardens in the U.S.
- Scioto Audubon Metro Park: Check out the world’s largest free outdoor climbing wall or the quarter-mile Columbus Rotary Obstacle Course.
Find more ways to enjoy our city’s green spaces here.
Don’t miss this free summer fun in Columbus. Explore our world-class cultural institutions, amazing outdoor activities and iconic events this season in the city.