2. The Brew Kettle
3. Platform Beer Co.
4. Great Lakes Brewing Co.
5. Hansa Brewery
6. Thirsty Dog Brewing Co.
1. Great Lakes Brewing Co., 1986: Conway’s Irish Ale is inspired by the co-owners’ Irish immigrant grandfather who was a traffic officer in Ohio City.
2. The Brew Kettle, 1995: As Ohio’s first brew-on-premises microbrewery, visitors can now craft their own brews using more than 70 in-house recipes.
3. Thirsty Dog Brewing Co., 1997: The Old Leghumper robust porter is a two-time World Beer Cup medal-winner.
4. Willoughby Brewing Co., 1998: In celebration of its 20th anniversary, Willoughby Brewing Co. expanded its taproom by 10,000 square feet in 2018.
5. Platform Beer Co., 2014: The 120,000-square-foot production facility in the former Leisy Brewing Co. building has increased its output from 94 barrels in 2014 to an estimated 40,000 barrels this year.
6. Hansa Brewery, 2016: Boris Music’s 12-barrel brewery on the corner of Lorain Avenue and West 28th Street was once Hansa Import Haus, a 65-year-old German specialty foods shop that predates the opening of Great Lakes Brewing Co.
Get ready for you close-up. Earn points by unscrambling the names of these local personalities.
Scroll through all 18 How CLE Are You? quizzes.